THAI simulation font = THAI looking English font
THAILAND-Style font. SIAMESE look-alike free faux THAI FONT with English (Latin) characters: "AW_Siam English not Thai"
Download the free THAI look alike font:
- Windows: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/AW_Siam.ttf ( TrueType)
- Windows: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/AW_Siam.otf ( OpenType)
- Windows: PostScript Type 1 www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/aw_siam.zip ()
- Russian not Thai: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/rnt.zip ( TrueType and PostScript Type 1 font made by Aleksey Kuritsin)
- Mac OS X: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/aw_siam.dfont
- Mac: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/aw_siam.mtt.bin
- Web @font-face Kit: www.weygandt.de/aw_siam/aw_siam_fontface_kit.zip
I saw a sign in the movie street fighter (van Damme) that looked
like written with a typical THAI FONT (แบบอักษรไทย) but when I had
a closer look, the
signs were written in English (Latin) characters. That was exactly what I needed for my Thai ladies personals website. No one had it so I
And this is it. I guess I'd have to class this as an unfinished version as some characters should have a lot more attention but for now I was more interested in some of the other stuff.
Thanks to Jos Flachs in Bangkok for his expert suggestions. Without him, the font would be half as
Cheers to Aleksey Kuritsin for designing the Russian letters and the numbers.
- Windows: To install, simply download and copy the AW_Siam.ttf
TrueType) file to the windows fonts folder C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
Make sure that the kerning is on - in MS Word default is off.
- Postscript Font : When you use postscript fonts you know how to install them.
- Mac: When you have downloaded the file, simply drag
it to the folder Macintosh HD/Library/Font. That is
all! Thanks to Jan de Bloois in
Hoek van Holland
- To remove simply delete the AW_Siam.ttf file from the C:\WINDOWS\FONTS folder, but why you want to do this is beyond my comprehension.
Thais can't read it ;-)
- V 1.00 Spanish ñ
- V 0.99i Improved iJ. Thanks to Hardy in THAILAND
- V 0.99h Improved bdpqgwiWNI. Thanks to Hardy in THAILAND
- V 0.99g € added, Creative Commons Licence: Attribution-ShareAlike
- V 0.99f Better kerning, new authentic UHO. Thanks to Alan Sargent
- V 0.99c Numbers 1234567890 made by Алексей Курицын - Aleksey Kuritsin
- V 0.99 better bdJLGmOopqRwxX
- V 0.32 Better spacing
- V 0.31 Minor changes
- V 0.30 Real small caps (still ugly, better use the upper caps)
- V 0.21 Fine tuning, spacing, kerning, letters replaced
- V 0.1c Letters replaced
- V 0.1b Some letters replaced, tweaked, German Umlaute äöüÄÖÜß
- V 0.1a All letters the same height, some letters replaced, tweaked
- V 0.1 (1999) I made it! The ugly raw version (one evening's work)
Always get the latest version at http://www.weygandt.de/aw_siam
- Fine tuning
- Set Panose and the many many other parameters in the font file
- Convert to OpenType Unicode Font including real Thai and Russian characters
- Tell me!
- Characters borrowed, twisted and tweaked from the DB ThaiText font (230%)
- Em square 1000
- Ascent 800
- Descent -200
- Line width 100
- Small letters size 70 % -> weight +35 em units
For more fancy oriental fonts click here
This font is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany License.
Renaming, rebranding or selling this font is not permitted and considered unfair use. You may convert the font for systems like OTF, Mac, Linux, OS/2... as long as you send me a copy.
The font is provided as is. The author takes no responsibility for any damage that is done to your system thru it's use. It works fine for me! If it doesn't for you, it ain't my fault! No copyright infringement is intended.
If you like and use it, send me an email to: Andreas@Weygandt.de and show me what you made with the AW_Siam Thaifont.
Sounds impressive doesn't it? Well it was! (Hey I was impressed at the time)